#10 on the 2012 Musical Bacon Calendar
State Hospital EP by Frightened Rabbit
I’m not going to write much about this EP. By now, as a reader of my writing, you’ve probably grown accustomed to my fanaticism about Frightened Rabbit. If you haven’t given them a listen because of me up to this point, then I don’t believe I can say anything more that will sway you to change your mind.
And besides, this is just a 5-song EP. A FUCKING BRILLIANT 5-song EP. The title song will also be part of their February 2013 full-length release, Pedestrian Verse, which will undoubtedly be on the 2013 Bacon Calendar. The band has yet to release an album that hasn’t blown me away.
Buy everything this band has ever created. That is all I ask.
11. A Thing Called Divine Fits by Divine Fits
12. Some Nights by fun.
13. Tramp by Sharon van Etten
14. Fear Fun by Father John Misty
15. Love This Giant by David Byrne and St. Vincent
16. To The Treetops! by Team Me
17. The Master: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood
18. There’s No Leaving Now by The Tallest Man On Earth
19. Transcendental Youth by The Mountain Goats
20. A Church That Fits Our Needs by Lost In The Trees
21. Hospitality by Hospitality
22. Free Dimensional by Diamond Rings
23. History Speaks by Deep Sea Diver
24. A Different Ship by Here We Go Magic
25. Negotiations by the Helio Sequence
26. Moms by Menomena
27. The Sound of the Life of the Mind by Ben Folds Five
28. Shields by Grizzly Bear
29. Every Child A Daughter, Every Moon A Sun by The Wooden Sky
30. Fragrant World by Yeasayer
31. Reign of Terror by Sleigh Bells